Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training (RQF)
(QRN – 601/4888/3)
The Training Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training (RQF) is a competency based qualification for personal trainers. The qualification is aimed at exercise instructors who are capable of planning, delivering and evaluating physical activity programmes independently and without direct supervision. The Training Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training (RQF) is at level 3 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework. It also provides access onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at level 3.
In order to achieve this qualification, learners must complete the following 9 mandatory units. If the learner wishes to then they can also complete the additional optional unit.
- Principles of exercise, fitness andhealth
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Promote health, safety and welfare in active leisure andrecreation
- Reflect on and develop own practice in providing exercise and physicalactivity
- Design, manage and adapt a personal training programme withclients
- Motivate clients to maintain long term adherence to exercise and physicalactivity
- Deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a personal trainingprogramme
- Evaluate exercise and physical activityprogrammes
- Apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activityprogramme
- Additional Unit
- Plan, market and sellservices
The Level 3 NVQ Diploma in in Personal Training (RQF) is a work based qualification accredited on the Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF). The RQF framework gives learners the opportunity to get the qualifications they need, in a way that suits them. RQFqualifications are designed with the help of employers so learners can be assured that they’re gaining skills that employers are looking for. The RQF:
- Recognises smaller steps of learning and enables learners to build up qualifications bit bybit
- Helps learners achieve skills and qualifications that meet industryneeds
- Enables work-based training to be nationallyrecognised.